By Craig Bannister | June 16, 2020
By preventing President Donald Trump and his supporters from communicating with the American people via social media platforms, Big Tech is attempting to ensure the president won’t win reelection in November, Media Research Center (MRC) President Brent Bozell writes in a Fox News commentary published Tuesday.
“It is the greatest form of censorship, not to mention election manipulation, this country has ever witnessed,” Bozell warns in his opinion piece, “2020 and Big Tech – Election isn’t just about Trump vs. Biden. It’s about fate of democracy.”
Big Tech’s efforts to rig the election by denying Trump and his supporters a voice on their social media platforms are ubiquitous, Bozell writes, citing several examples:
- Twitter: Employs double-standard, anti-conservative “fact checks” of content,
- Snap/Snapchat: Has declared it “will not amplify voices who incite racial violence and injustice” and banished the president’s comments from Snapchat’s “Discover” section, which is reserved for key content from news outlets and celebrities.
- Facebook: Responding to leftist staffers’ demands Trump be censored, Facebook is “going to review potential options for handling violating or partially-violating content.”
- Reddit: Restricts conservative content and imposed a “quarantine” on the subreddit group, The Donald
- Wikipedia: Founder Larry Sanger says “Wikipedia no longer has an effective neutrality policy.”
Even a site devoted to knitting, Ravelry, has ordered its 8 million users: “Do Not Post In Support of Trump or his Administration,” Bozell notes.
If Americans allow Big Tech to rig November’s presidential election, “We’ll never have another free election anywhere” and “it’ll be open season on the entire conservative movement,” Bozell concludes.
The media are hard at work weaving a web of confusion, misinformation, and conspiracy surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic.
CNSNews covers the stories that the liberal media are afraid to touch. It drives the national debate through real, honest journalism—not by misrepresenting or ignoring the facts.
CNSNews has emerged as the conservative media’s lynchpin for original reporting, investigative reporting, and breaking news. We are part of the only organization purely dedicated to this critical mission and we need your help to fuel this fight.
Donate today to help CNSNews continue to report on topics that the liberal media refuse to touch. $25 a month goes a long way in the fight for a free and fair media.
And now, thanks to the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, you can make up to a $300 gift to the 501(c)(3) non-profit organization of your choice and use it as a tax deduction on your 2020 taxes, even if you take the standard deduction on your returns.
— The CNSNews Team