December 05, 2022
It is tough to know at this point the implications of the Elon Musk release to the public of internal Twitter documents and emails proving what we ALL have known – but were told we were nuts for believing.
Yes, the documents prove that there was massive collusion between Twitter executives, the DNC, the Biden campaign, the government and the Fake News, to silence any information about the shocking, damning and treasonous contents of Hunter Biden’s laptop.
What, if anything, will happen to the people who interfered with the 2020 election by suppressing your ability to know the truth about Joe Biden?
So far, the NYTimes, whose “reporters” won Pulitzers for their now proven false reporting on the laptop, have not written one word about the Twitter evidence.
The networks have not mentioned the revelations in any of their newscasts.
In case you are not following this, and we know that most Americans are not on Twitter, here are a few stories to get you current. Even though you may not be on Twitter, it is where the majority of news is made and discussed because it is where ALL the Drive By Media gets their marching orders.
This is why Elon Musk may be about to make a big difference in America and the world. It is too early to know, so stayed tuned!
1- The reaction by the left to Elon’s proof has been furious. That is because they know there is much, much more that can come out.
QUOTE: As the team that Elon Musk has assembled at Twitter continues to deep dive into the mega-platform’s well kept secrets of recent years he is exposing what the majority of Americans sensed. He is producing evidence (much of which has been neatly buried within the Twitter eco-system) conversations, strategies, and proof that Big Tech—at least as was operated by Twitter put its finger on the scale in 2020.
This weekend as Musk asserted as true some of the revelations put forward by a journalist who is looking into the specifics the left side of the American commentariat lost their collective minds.
Passionately they exploded collectively as even some tiny pieces began revealing how Twitter worked diligently to assist Joe Biden’s laughable presidential ambitions.
As Twitter’s new CEO took to his own platform and with tremendous transparency admitted the attempt at collusion with Democratic hacks—openly stating that Twitter attempted to interfere in the election—faces of Democrats went pale.
No one expected to ever get caught.
In all of the rage at Musk’s release of “The Twitter Files” not a single marxist progressive Democrat leftist acknowledged any of the facts of the laptop, the problematic censorship of the now verified NYPost’s original report, and why on this issue (and likely more to come) they will be unable to prevent future disclosures of such a nature.
2- We have pointed you to pieces by Bari Weiss several times in the past. She is one of the few reasonable leftist journalist in the country.
She and Matt Taibbi, also left-leaning, quit the Drive By Media to write on Substack after being censored. It is interesting that Elon asked them to help wade through the documents and report on them. Of course, the rest the Drive Bys are not happy about these two and are calling them traitors.
QUOTE: First came Matt Taibbi, who spent Friday evening posting revelations from the document dump. Naturally, he was excoriated by his leftwing colleagues who feel Americans are too stupid to have unfettered access to information. Now, Musk is upping the ante, giving Bari Weiss access to mine the files as well.
For reasons I’ve never quite understood, Weiss is roundly hated by the mean girls club that is the mainstream media. After essentially being forced out at The New York Times, she spilled the beans on just how corrupt and biased her former employer is. That made her a bit of a pariah, with mentions of her name causing mass consternation across the press corps.
It’s not a coincidence that Musk chose Taibbi and Weiss to headline his release of the Twitter files. He knows it tweaks those who are working to destroy him, and the billionaire is all about his troll game. More importantly, though, he also knows that he will get the story out there without it going through the partisan filter of your typical hack at CNN or The Washington Post.
The suppression of the Hunter Biden story in coordination with Democrat election officials and the Biden campaign is a serious matter. Tapping serious reporters with serious records to sift through things and bring forth the most stunning aspects is an excellent strategy.
1. Thread: THE TWITTER FILES
2. What you’re about to read is the first installment in a series, based upon thousands of internal documents obtained by sources at Twitter.
3. The “Twitter Files” tell an incredible story from inside one of the world’s largest and most influential social media platforms. It is a Frankensteinian tale of a human-built mechanism grown out the control of its designer.
4. Twitter in its conception was a brilliant tool for enabling instant mass communication, making a true real-time global conversation possible for the first time.
5. In an early conception, Twitter more than lived up to its mission statement, giving people “the power to create and share ideas and information instantly, without barriers.”
6. As time progressed, however, the company was slowly forced to add those barriers. Some of the first tools for controlling speech were designed to combat the likes of spam and financial fraudsters.
7. Slowly, over time, Twitter staff and executives began to find more and more uses for these tools. Outsiders began petitioning the company to manipulate speech as well: first a little, then more often, then constantly.
10.Both parties had access to these tools. For instance, in 2020, requests from both the Trump White House and the Biden campaign were received and honored. However:
12. The resulting slant in content moderation decisions is visible in the documents you’re about to read. However, it’s also the assessment of multiple current and former high-level executives.
Okay, there was more throat-clearing about the process, but screw it, let’s jump forward
16. The Twitter Files, Part One: How and Why Twitter Blocked the Hunter Biden Laptop Story
17. On October 14, 2020, the New York Post published BIDEN SECRET EMAILS, an expose based on the contents of Hunter Biden’s abandoned laptop:
18. Twitter took extraordinary steps to suppress the story, removing links and posting warnings that it may be “unsafe.” They even blocked its transmission via direct message, a tool hitherto reserved for extreme cases, e.g. child pornography.
22. Although several sources recalled hearing about a “general” warning from federal law enforcement that summer about possible foreign hacks, there’s no evidence – that I’ve seen – of any government involvement in the laptop story. In fact, that might have been the problem…
23. The decision was made at the highest levels of the company, but without the knowledge of CEO Jack Dorsey, with former head of legal, policy and trust Vijaya Gadde playing a key role.
24. “They just freelanced it,” is how one former employee characterized the decision. “Hacking was the excuse, but within a few hours, pretty much everyone realized that wasn’t going to hold. But no one had the guts to reverse it.”
29. A fundamental problem with tech companies and content moderation: many people in charge of speech know/care little about speech, and have to be told the basics by outsiders. To wit:
36.Twitter files continued:
“THE FIRST AMENDMENT ISN’T ABSOLUTE”
Szabo’s letter contains chilling passages relaying Democratic lawmakers’ attitudes. They want “more” moderation, and as for the Bill of Rights, it’s “not absolute”
An amazing subplot of the Twitter/Hunter Biden laptop affair was how much was done without the knowledge of CEO Jack Dorsey, and how long it took for the situation to get “unfucked” (as one ex-employee put it) even after Dorsey jumped in.
There are multiple instances in the files of Dorsey intervening to question suspensions and other moderation actions, for accounts across the political spectrum
It’s been a whirlwind 96 hours for me, too. There is much more to come, including answers to questions about issues like shadow-banning, boosting, follower counts, the fate of various individual accounts, and more. These issues are not limited to the political right.
4- Not only is the Drive By Media silent on Elon’s document dumps and threats to silence him, so are our friends in the Republican Party. They need to step it up!
QUOTE: Apple’s threat to remove Twitter from its App store for the crime of being a slightly more open forum for free speech under Elon Musk has been met with a chorus of outrage and substantive threats of congressional action by Republican leaders.
Just kidding. Republicans have barely said anything about it, and establishment Republicans have said nothing at all. With the exception of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who offered his opinion on a matter outside his purview as a governor, Apple’s threat to crush Twitter has been met more or less with silence, even from members of the GOP who consider themselves conservative. (Sen. Mike Lee, to his credit, tossed out a tweet saying Apple’s threat makes the case for the Open Apps Markets Act. But he’s the exception to the rule.) And though Apple leaders apparently smoothed over the “misunderstanding” with Musk on Wednesday afternoon, we have all seen this pattern: Big Tech’s anti-speech aggression always turns out to be a “mistake” or “misunderstanding” as soon as enough people notice.
5- Another aspect of Twitter not getting much attention is that Musk is working to remove those using Twitter as an avenue for child sexual abuse. Shutting down the sick people who prey on children is a good step.
QUOTE: A cyber security and data analyst funding research into Twitter’s alleged child sexual abuse material (CSAM) problem said Saturday that the platform has nearly doubled its daily suspension rate on accounts that share exploitative content containing child pornography.
Andrea Stoppa, founder of cybersecurity group Ghost Data, had personally funded research into the issue earlier this year after receiving a tip about the problem’s severity. The report allegedly found more than 500 accounts soliciting child sex abuse material that appeared alongside or on profile pages of at least 30 major advertisers’ Twitter accounts, which led some of those companies to pull or pause their ad services from the social media platform.
Stroppa and the platform’s reformed Trust and Safety team have significantly cracked down on the material compared to the issue under Twitter’s previous ownership.
For context, one previous report showed the platform removed as many as approximately 57,000 profiles in one month before Musk’s acquisition compared to the 44,000 removed in a single day.
“Twitter is now a safer place under Elon’s leadership,” Stroppa said. “And this is just the beginning.”
6- Republicans pick up another House seat.
QUOTE: One of the final House races to be decided in the 2022 cycle went to the Republicans after a close contest in which the Democrat trailed by only a few hundred votes.
Republican John Duarte won California’s 13th Congressional District after his Democratic rival, Adam Gray, conceded on Friday.
With Duarte emerging victorious, House Republicans are projected to hold a narrow majority in the lower chamber with 222 seats compared to 213 seats controlled by the Democrats, according to CNN.
7- In case you have seen headlines that DeSantis has caved to Disney, he has not! At least not yet.
QUOTE: On Friday, Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) denied recent claims that Florida is considering a “U-turn” on going back on the repeal of Disney’s special tax district for Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida.
A spokesman for the governor stated that DeSantis “does not make ‘U-turns.’ The governor was right to champion removing the extraordinary benefit given to one company through the RCID. We will have an even playing field for businesses in Florida, and the state certainly owes no special favors to one company. Disney’s debts will not fall on the taxpayers of Florida, A plan is in the works and will be released soon.”
The statement came in response to a recent article in the Financial Times that claimed that Florida lawmakers are looking to reverse the repeal of Disney’s special tax district that allowed the company to govern its facilities.
READ. KNOW. SHARE. PRAY.
Defending The Republic
Comments or Questions? Contact: [email protected]