UPDATE: MPD Provides Update On DC Shooting, 4chan User Claiming Responsibility Uploads Video Targeting Children
gunman in northwest Washington, DC has left at least three people injured according to the Metropolitan Police Department, with video evidence taken by the shooter himself purportedly uploaded to the infamous 4chan imageboard.
Update: 7:58 EST – MPD has released a picture of a ‘person of interest’ in connection to the shooting. He is 23-year-old Raymond Spencer of Fairfax, Virginia. The person of interest’s name is identical to the one posted by the 4chan user:
Audio from shooting in Van Ness area of NW DC. I heard three very loud bursts of multiple shots, each a couple minutes apart. This video contains the second two bursts of shots edited together. pic.twitter.com/zMn8f2uboO
— C on the scene (@Conthescene) April 22, 2022
Warning, this post contains a link to a video allegedly taken by the gunman and depicts him indiscriminately targeting men, women, and children.
DC police say that the shooting happened on the 2900 block of Van Ness Street, northwest. A large contingent of officers are present at the scene alongside the city’s fire department, and members of the US Secret Service and ATF.
MPD is responding to the 4100 block of Connecticut Avenue, NW for the report of at least 2 shooting victims. There is a large police presence in the area. Updates will follow.
— DC Police Department (@DCPoliceDept) April 22, 2022
MPD issues update concerning the shooter, officers refuse to comment on whether they believe they have the suspect, say they have not confirmed the 4Chan video yet:
“At approximately 3:20 this afternoon…officers responded to the reported sounds of gunshots,” Assistant Chief Stuart Emerman told members of the media in a video update linked below. He informed them that three victims—two adults and one juvenile female—of the shooting had been transferred to the hospital and all of them are in stable condition.
When questioned about an alleged suspect who was seen by observers being handcuffed and taken away by responding officers, Emerman explained that a number of people present at the scene attempted to flee and suggested that the individual in handcuffs was likely detained for questioning and would be released if he had no involvement in the incident. While the assistant chief said that his department was aware of the video surfacing shortly after the shooting, they could not currently confirm its authenticity.
Still, social media users familiar with the targeted school have indicated that they believe it to be real:
I went to this high school
Source: The Gateway Pundit